Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Poetry for Unity #5



 But You're Alive


by Austin Ponder Collins


Now she's gonna miss you

But you're alive

The best thing about loving her

Is everything you know

More than anything I ever knew.

I never saw love like possibilities

In all the mirror across us.

I never thought that we would live

Just to stay one step past romance.

I feel the rain rustling through my umbrella,

The neighbors searching, the heat rising,

Searching for something new.

More than anything I ever knew.

I never saw love like possibilities.

In every single way.

And though we've grown close and strong now

We still lack the things we used to be,

We still get burned in the rain

In the rain

We walk around, making lots of noise

Wishing we were gone tomorrow

Had to take cover from the rain and had some thoughts:  Why is Soth America so much less rich than North America?  I'm told it's because North American settlers arrived to find religious freedoms whereas South Americans were only looking for Gold.  You have to have your cake and eat it too.  God is Gold.  Let the gold dust settle!  Let God rain down on you the prosperity you deserve! And so it is.




YouTube Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listening to God